General pre-treatment advice
- Do not have any heat treatment 24 hours before or after waxing, including sun beds, sauna, steam, swimming and sunbathing
- Do not wear jewellery during treatments
- Please have a quick shower, especially after exercising, before you have a body treatment
- Eyelash/brow tinting will require a patch test 24 hours before your appointment time
- Waxing will require a patch test 24-48 hours prior to your treatment if you have never waxed before or if you have sensitive skin
- If you wear contact lenses, please remove them before any facial or eye treatment
- Please inform us if your treatment did not reach your expectations
Lycon pre-waxing advice
Your comfort and safety are of upmost importance to us. The therapist that will administer your treatment will kindly ask you to inform her if you answer ‘YES’ to any of the following important questions.
1. Have you had any previous reactions to waxing before?
2. Do you have any allergies, particularly to any type of resin/glue ie Plasters beeswax or lanolin?
3. Are you pregnant or have you had a Caesarean in the last 6 months?
4. Are you using Roaccutane, Retinol, Vitamin A skincare, or other acne medication & if yes have you used this in the last 6 months?
5. Have you had any recent operations, injuries, cuts or bruises?
6. Are you on any medication or do you have any medical condition that may affect your treatment today?
Waxing pre-treatment advice:
Please exfoliate and moisturise the areas of skin to be waxed for a couple of days before your appointment, as this will help prepare your skin to get the best results from your waxing. This removes the dead skin allowing any trapped hairs underneath the skin to surface. It’s important to moisturise regularly too to keep the skin soft and supple.
Please have a shower before your appointment to ensure your clean and fresh.
For ladies who have never had a wax before, We advise you do not remove any hair via any other method for 3 weeks before your appointment & also to pre-book a patch test.
If you are booking in for a bikini wax disposable underwear shall be provided for you. Your therapist shall leave the room whilst you undress and a towel will be provided to cover over you as well.
Freshly waxed…..what to do next:
So now we have removed your hairs please follow our aftercare advice or ignore at your peril!
Lycon provides a specialist range of excellent value for money pre & post care products here at a Tranquil Beauty to help soothe and heal the skin helping you to stay bump free and smooth.
- AVOID…. extreme heat i.e. Hot baths, showers, saunas, steam rooms. Swimming, exercise, sunbathing, sunbeds, fake tan, massages, tight clothing, sexual activity for 24 – 48 hours.
- Do not touch waxed area especially if you are prone to spots after waxing. This is to prevent infection of the hair follicles.
- Keep area clean & do not apply any products (apart from Lycon after wax lotion), makeup or moisturiser until healed
- Wear loose cotton clothing
- Apply your Lycon after wax lotion to soothe the area until healed.
- Use ingrown X-it spray solution.
- Wait to exfoliate with your Lycon body scrub until at least 3 days AFTER skin has healed.
- Apply pure Aloe Vera or Witch Hazel to your face if experiencing a facial wax morning & night until skin has healed.
- The only makeup that can be used after facial waxing is Jane Iredale skincare makeup with clean brushes.
- Avoid applying deodorant, makeup or perfumed product to the waxed area for 24 hours.
In the unlikely event your skin does not return to normal after 24-48 hours after following our advice then please seek advice from your GP in case you have had an allergic reaction to the wax or an infection is developing.
Lycon Precision waxing. The ONLY wax worth taking your clothes off for
LASHUS pre-treatment and aftercare advice:
LASHUS Get ready for lift off! Pre-treatment advice
To ensure you get the best from your LASHUS treatment please ensure you:
- Inform your therapist if you have any medical changes and/or are pregnant.
- Avoid serums, waterproof mascaras and any oily products around the eye area 24 hrs before your appointment.
- Do not wear mascara or eyeliner on the day or for 24 hours before your appointment.
- Remove contact lenses before your treatment.
- Check your sensitivity test is OK, if applicable notify your therapist immediately if there are any signs of irritation or redness.
LASHUS Up, up and away! Aftercare advice:
- To ensure you get the best results from your LASHUS treatment we recommend to:
- Keep your eyes completely dry for 24 hours.
- After 24 hours we recommend you use our Lash & Brow Elixir daily to help promote Lash health and growth.
- Avoid contact with steam for 48 hours.
- Do not rub or disturb the eyelashes for 48 hours, gently comb upwards to ensure position is maintained.
Lava Shell & Body massage pre-treatment and aftercare advice:
Before booking your massage please advise Anita if you..
Had any surgery within the last 2 years
Are taking any medication
Have blood pressure or heart problems
Do not have full skin sensation on your body
Have any undiagnosed medical conditions or ongoing undiagnosed pain
Pregnant or breastfeeding
Any broken bones
Any other medical conditions
Pre massage advice…
Have a shower prior to treatment
Have a light meal nothing heavy
Drink plenty of water
AVOID ALCOHOL, CAFFEINE, STIMULANTS
Post massage advice..
Do not perform any strenuous work or go to the gym
Please relax and rest
Drink plenty of water
Eat another light meal
AVOID ALCOHOL, CAFFEINE, STIMULANTS
You may experience slight discomfort post massage if you have a lot of tension that has built up in the muscles. Nausea and lightheadedness can happen too. Following my advice should help to eliminate this.